- 1/2 cups or 85g firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups or 23g thawed frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons or 28g butter
- 1 cup or 284mL applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon or 6mL vanilla extract
- 3 cups or 852mL (about 480g) steel cut oats
- 1 cup or 113g whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350°F177°C (about Thermostat 6).
- Drain the spinach before mixing. Mix wet then dry ingredients
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are greenish brown
- Remove to wire rack and cool
- Dare your friends to try one!
Yields 20 servings.
Switch to metric units Switch to US units